"Assuming I am just another old man, will be your 1st mistake."
David H. Scott
74 Years old BD 10-04-46
- I Have all of my teeth, both eyes and hearing is excellent.
- Healthy beyond imagination.
- Sober 24 years after 9 DUI’s an “absolute miracle”.
- Beat colon cancer Stage 2 Dec 2019.
- Beat the colon cancer surgery that went “very bad” January of 2020. Another “miracle”.
- Have prostrate cancer but it will not kill me.
I live by 3 guidelines that are paramount in my life:
- Get my ass out of bed and make sure both feet hit the floor at the same time.
- Make sure I do not stick my head up it.
- Immediately start implementing the art of living by the 5 P’s ( Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance )
- Father of 4 children 1 boy Cameron and 3 girls, Angie, Chrissi, Lavonne….all prospering.
- 1st son drowned at age 16 months in ’74 Brad.
- Twice divorced…..great relationships with both.
- 100% disabled Vietnam Vet, PTSD combat, spent 26 months in country. 1st year in combat with the 101st Airborne, then I was Lt. General Rosson’s driver, then his enlisted aide, then Lt. Gen Stilwell’s enlisted aide.
- Author of 2 books, “The General’s Driver, A Vietnam Soldier Remembers” and “101 Ways to Tell the World to Kiss Your Ass”.
- I Paint, practice the piano, 2 more books in the works. No TV for 24 years. Do not drink coffee. Do not smoke. No rec drugs. No BS, drama, or baggage in my life.
- I am a “piddler” doing something all the time. Carpenter, innovator, planner, excellent on execution and believe in staying busy, all day long. Day dreamer extraordinaire. Fished all my life, use to hunt both gun and bow, happiest outside in all kinds of weather, great on direction, understand drones, cameras, when to be articulate and when not to, I am not silly, or “goofy”. I do not look like a “hobo”.
- No mate, because I do not know what I would do with her for the other 23 hrs and 45 minutes on a daily basis.
Long Distance Kayaking
Long distance kayaker, 10,000 plus miles. example trips:
- N. Mongolia Khovsgol Lake, the Eg River, the Selenga River, Lake Baikal in Siberia, 1,500 miles 60 plus days (500 miles left where I knew I had something wrong it was the colon cancer)
- The Yellowstone River, to the Missouri River, to the Mississippi River to Baton Rouge, 3,000 miles 100 days
- The Yukon River 1,000 miles plus 54 days
- The Snake River 1,000 miles plus or minus 46 days